Hi there, I’m Dorothy
I have a small farm in Minnesota where I grow berries, tomatoes & peppers.
We also have a commercial kitchen on the farm where all of the fresh produce is made into jams, spices and drink syrups.
You will find a lot of DIY and “how-to” information on this site, from growing food in pots on a balcony to cooking low carb meals to making your own spice blends. Enjoy!
What We’re up to this Month
- Cod with Spanish Pil Pil Sauce
- Low Carb Stuffed Squash Blossoms without Frying
- Classic Red Sangria for a Crowd
- Low Carb Chicken Burgers (Patties) with Snow Pea Sauté
- Best Vegetables for Low Carb Diets: Asparagus & Eggs on Artichoke Bed
- How to Grow Blueberries in Pots for your Deck, Patio or Balcony
- Beginners Guide to Growing Strawberries at Home (with video)
- Low Carb Mole Rojo without Rehydrating Peppers
Browse Food Categories
Explore the recipes and cooking techniques that fit with your current interest. Most are easy and healthy. All are delicious!
Browse Gardening Categories
Explore the world of growing your own food, whether it be a few herbs on a balcony or a field of gigantic heirloom squash! (**Note: website is being updated, so information may be missing temporarily)
Join our Facebook Group:
(Grow Your Own Food at Home)
If you want to share ideas, information and photos with an active fruit and vegetable gardening group, join our Facebook group. It’s a friendly forum focused on self-sufficiency through growing and cooking your own food. Beginners and experts are all welcome! Join Now