Hi there, I’m Dorothy
I have a small farm in Minnesota where I grow berries, tomatoes & peppers.
We also have a commercial kitchen on the farm where all of the fresh produce is made into jams, spices and drink syrups.
You will find a lot of DIY and “how-to” information on this site, from growing food in pots on a balcony to cooking low carb meals to making your own spice blends. Enjoy!
What We’re up to this Fall
- Savory or Sweet Pumpkin Pancakes without being Gooey
- Brazilian Shrimp in Pumpkins – Camarão na Moranga
- Low Carb Pumpkin Ancho Soup – Smoky & creamy
- Pheasant (or Chicken) Normandy with Apples and Cream
- Low Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake with Nut Crust
- Pumpkin Martini to Celebrate Fall
- How to make an Apple Shrub Syrup: Cold Shrubbing vs Hot Shrubbing
- Pumpkin Amaretto Quick Bread
- Late Fall Garden Pruning: Finishing Preparations for Winter
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Chai Spice Filling
- Freezing Tomatoes for Winter Dishes
- How to Make Fruit Butters: Plum Amaretto Fruit Butter
Browse Food Categories
Explore the recipes and cooking techniques that fit with your current interest. Most are easy and healthy. All are delicious!
Browse Gardening Categories
Explore the world of growing your own food, whether it be a few herbs on a balcony or a field of gigantic heirloom squash! (**Note: website is being updated, so information may be missing temporarily)
Join our Facebook Group:
(Grow Your Own Food at Home)
If you want to share ideas, information and photos with an active fruit and vegetable gardening group, join our Facebook group. It’s a friendly forum focused on self-sufficiency through growing and cooking your own food. Beginners and experts are all welcome! Join Now