There are so many dishes that fresh heirloom tomatoes will enhance. This tomato relish is a snap to make and is a wonderful enhancement to any Summer grilling. It will also take crock-pot pulled pork to new heights. My most recent use of this flavor-filled relish was to layer it on tostadas with a carnita fillingJump to Recipe
Follow your Summer meal with these Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches for a special evening under the stars.
Heirloom Tomato Relish
- ½ tsp coarse kosher salt divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. heirloom tomatoes coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pimiento-stuffed olives coarsely chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup capers drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice squeezed juice of 1/2 large lime
- 1 tsp fresh oregano or thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1/2 tsp coarse salt on work surface and garlic cloves on top of salt. Chop cloves into the salt, alternating with mashing the cloves into the salt with the flat part of the knife, until you have a fresh garlic paste more or less. Alternatively use a mortar and pestle to grind salt and garlic together. Transfer garlic paste to medium size bowl.
- Chop tomatoes, olives and jalapenos and add to the bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and gently toss to blend. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to meld flavors. Serve alongside steak, pork chops, or on brats. I used this relish as a topping or layer for pulled pork tostadas and it was wonderful.
Although I am not currently taking clients for diet & health coaching, I have been a coach for many years with the online service called coach.me. It is a great platform for all kinds of coaching – anything from specific diets, writing a blog, getting up early, or getting rid of that pesky procrastination.
There are some wonderful coaches and the testimonials will tell you what you need to know. Contact me at [email protected] to get a referral to some of the tested, experienced online coaches on Coach.me
If you’d like to start with a plan for a low carb or keto lifestyle, check out this detailed guide in ebook form. It may be all you need to lose weight on this lifestyle. Or it may be used as a supplement to one-to-one coaching.