This low carb salmon dinner comes together in 15 minutes with only 2-3 ingredients. The mayonnaise adds a creamy tang to the salmon and the optional salsa macha adds the heat and the crunch. Great week-night dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links, and you can read our disclosure information here–
There are really only 2 key ingredients to this recipe! You will need the salmon and the mayonnaise. The lemon slices are more for garnish and the salsa macha is an addition for those who like spice.
Illustrated Step by Step:
Here is a visual summary of the recipe steps. For details and ingredient amounts, see the recipe card below:
If you like this type of recipe, this site is full of additional fish and seafood recipes!
See this post to learn more about the similarities and differences between Low Carb, Slow Carb and Keto diets.
If you make and love this recipe, please leave a ★★★★★ review below and any comments others might find helpful. It means a lot to me when you try my recipes, and I’d love to know how it goes.
Roasted Salmon Smothered in Mayonnaise
- 24-30 ounces salmon cut into 4 6-ounce filets
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3-4 teaspoons salsa macha optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.Trim the thin parts of the salmon and set aside for future use. You want the filets to be the same thickness so they roast to completion at the same time.Cut the salmon crosswise into 4 equal-thick filets. You don't need to cut all the way through the skin, as it is easier to move the filets to the baking sheet in one piece.24-30 ounces salmon
- Place the filets on a foil-lined baking sheet and spread the mayonnaise over the top of the salmon filets. Top with the lemon slices.Roast at 400 F for 10 minutes (if your salmon is thin, it will only take 5-7 minutes).1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 lemon
- Turn the oven to broil and move the rack up, allowing about 6 inches between broiler and salmon. Broil for 5 minutes or until salmon flakes easily and the mayonnaise is golden.
- Let salmon rest for 5 minutes and serve with a side of spicy salsa macha3-4 teaspoons salsa macha, salt and pepper