Red Velvet Crinkle cookies are a homemade treat that stays fresh for weeks and ships well without falling apart. That makes them perfect as a gift for family and friends to send in a care package or stash in the cookie jar for holiday visitors!
Jump to: RECIPE
This post may contain affiliate links, and you can read our disclosure information here–
More Shippable Treats for Care Packages:
- Pumpkin Amaretto Bread is great for Fall or Halloween package
- Raspberry Swirl Brownies
- Spicy Peanut Brittle
- Chocolate Pistachio Quick Bread
- Ritz Cracker Chocolate Bark
- Low Carb Zucchini Coconut Bread is good for those on a diet
- Red Velvet Cookies are great for Valentines Day
- Pfeffernusse cookies are an often requested treat for Christmas packages
- Don’t forget something to drink! This herbal mint tea is a perfect pairing.
If you like my articles about cooking and gardening, subscribe to my weekly newsletter, where I share free recipes and gardening tutorials.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4-5 teaspoons red food gel
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.2 cups all purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together cocoa, sugar and oil over medium speed. Beat in eggs one at a time and then beat in vanilla and red food gel.1 cup cocoa powder, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 4 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 4-5 teaspoons red food gel
- Over low speed add the flour mixture until just combined. Cover the mixing bowl and place in freezer for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet. Pour powdered sugar into a separate bowl.1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Use spoons to scoop out the dough and drop directly into the powdered sugar. Once the dough is in the sugar, they are easier to handle and you can place the scoop of sugared dough onto the cookie sheet and flatten into a circle.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.