Time to send the Valentines care packages to loved ones not at home. Red Velvet Crinkle cookies are a homemade treat that stays fresh for weeks and ships well without falling apart.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
These cookies are a favorite in Valentine’s Day care packages. They ship well, don’t fall apart, and keep their crunch
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil Or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 tsp red food gel
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together cocoa, sugar and oil over medium speed. Beat in eggs one at a time and then beat in vanilla and red food gel.
- Over low speed add the flour mixture until just combined. Cover the mixing bowl and place in freezer for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet. Pour powdered sugar into bowl.
- Use spoons to scoop out the dough directly into the powdered sugar. Once the dough is in the sugar, they are easier to handle and you can place the scoop of sugared dough onto the cookie sheet and flatten into a circle.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Calories: 173kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 65mgPotassium: 112mgFiber: 1gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 40IUCalcium: 26mgIron: 1mg