Leafy greens is one of the cornerstone vegetables of the Slow Carb Diet, and “greens” are starting to take a much higher profile in our meals. Bok Choy is one of those greens that sounds exotic but is actually quick, easy and quite delicious.
The photo above shows the bok choy with harissa sauce. Another great side dish is to mix it with frozen cauliflower rice.
Recipe for Bok Choy Saute as a Low Carb side dish
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 bunches Bok Choy (about 8 cups), chopped
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring the oil to a fairly hot temperature (not smoking however) over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and ginger and saute very quickly (30 seconds), careful not to burn garlic
- Add chopped Bok Choy and cook until wilted (about 5 minutes). Stalks will be crisp but tender. Add soy sauce for the final minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a side of Harissa or your favorite hot sauce.