This is a great cucumber avocado salad for a slow-carb diet, a low-carb diet, or no diet at all. It’s just plain great. It is very easy to adapt, as are most salads. Change the creamy dressing to an Asian dressing if you don’t use mayonnaise or greek yogurt. It makes a wonderful, cool accompaniment to any protein you want to make on the grill.
Cucumber Avocado Summer Salad
(serves 4 as a side dish)
- 1 lb seedless cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise (or greek yogurt)
- freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1/2 large lime)
- your favorite hot sauce, to taste
- Salt & pepper
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Gently mix together the cucumber, scallions and avocado in a medium size bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, lime juice and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Dress the salad by gently folding in the dressing with a spatula when ready to serve. Top with cilantro if using. Can be refrigerated (covered) overnight.