Light and refreshing are two adjectives that describe Spring. Peppery radish appetizers paired with a citrus Vodka Collins and you have a perfect end to a Spring day spent outside. Appetizers are often putzy, but these radish cream cheese appetizers were easy, and ever-so-tasty.Jump to Recipe. Print Recipe
So this riff on a vodka collins was made in honor of Earth Day (see video below for the hands-on tutorial). To me, a refreshing cocktail means effervescence (bubbles in other words), and I really like the slight bitterness of tonic, so this citrusy version of a vodka collins is the drink that pairs wonderfully with the freshness of Spring.
Ingredients: (Recipe is in ratios so you can make a pitcher or one drink)
- 2 parts Lemon Vodka
- 1 part Cinnamon Vanilla Syrup (or any simple syrup)
- 1/2 part Limoncello
- 1 large lemon wedge
- 4 parts tonic water
Preparation: (see video at the end of this post for a how-to tutorial, or just follow these easy directions)
- Fill a tall glass with ice (spherical ice molds make a great “earth-shaped” ice cube)
- Add the vodka, the syrup, the Limoncello. Squeeze in the lemon juice from the wedge. Add the tonic water
- Stir gently until well mixed
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and/or a sprig of mint leaves.
More Spring Cocktails and Appetizers
Another Spring celebration is the Kentucky Derby! Check out these Mint Juleps and Cheese Straws for your Kentucky Derby party.
Radish Cream Cheese Appetizer
- 4 Tbsp butter 1/2 stick (softened)
- 4 oz cream cheese Softened
- 5 medium radish thinly sliced
- 2-4 Tbsp scallions or chives minced
- salt to taste optional
- 2 slices bread soft white bread or pumpernickle bread is good
- Leave the butter and cream cheese on the counter for a while to soften (do not melt the butter – let it soften on its own)
- In a small bowl, cream together the soften butter and cream cheese
- Slice the radishes as thinly as possible (a mandolin works well here, but you can do it by hand also). Mince the green onion or chives into small pieces. Cut the crusts off of the bread slices and cut slices into small rectangles.
- Assemble the appetizer: spread the butter mixture thickly on the bread, add 3 radish slices, sprinkle with chopped green onion, and arrange in a geometric pattern for fun.
Here’s a video of the drink preparation at the farm. **NOTE: I used different syrups in the video, but everything else is the same.