There are so many great summertime meals that can be enhanced with a robust low carb or keto BBQ sauce. This sauce below has a lot of ingredients, but it is really easy to make. Just add the ingredients to a blender and pour over ribs, kebabs, chicken, or even veggies! No chopping, grating or long reducing over a stove.Jump to Recipe
DIY Low Carb BBQ Sauce is Great Alternative to Sugary Store-bought
Most BBQ sauces in the grocery store are quite high in sugar and carbs. You can get awesome, robust flavor from making one yourself and it is really quite simple.
The ingredient list is long, but don’t let that scare you off. All of the ingredients are easy to find and things you will use again in other dishes. Our smoked paprika used in the recipe is spicier than most, so if you use store-bought smoked paprika, you probably want to add a bit of cayenne. Click here if you would like to view our organic smoked paprika, which is smoked on the farm. There is no chopping or cooking in this DIY sauce. Just blend it all up and pour it over your summertime fare!
Here’s the “How-to” Video if you prefer (text recipe is below)Jump to Recipe
Low Carb BBQ Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 14 oz diced tomatoes Rotel is good brand
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp mustard Dijon if available
- 3/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp liquid smoke can use 2 tsp for more smoke
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar substitute Truvia brown sugar is good brand
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oz bourbon optional
- 1/4 tsp cayenne optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Reduce over medium heat if the consistency is too thin. Add more water if consistency is too thick. The consistency is a matter of individual taste.