I have been known as a cookie addict since I was very young. Comments used to sound like this: “How can you eat so many cookies and stay so thin?” Unfortunately as I got older the comments changed to “How can you eat so many cookies?” Eventually I went low carb and gave up my daily addiction, but I still manage to celebrate occasionally, and these peanut butter cookies with a raspberry Chambord jam filling are definitely a celebration!
The best peanut butter cookie recipe I have run across is a crunchy, crumbly cookie from Linda Weber, which I found in a Fine Cooking magazine, April/May 2001. I filled the cookies with some of our Raspberry Chambord Jam, and the result was extraordinary!
You could, of course, add any jam or chocolate, or cream filling you wanted with delicious results. Nutella would be a classic filling. I think I’ll try them next with a blueberry jam.
Try these with your favorite filling. You can’t possibly go wrong! For more ways to use the award-winning Raspberry Chambord Jam, click here.
Raspberry filled peanut butter cookies
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cups cake flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter completely softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In medium bowl, sift together the two flours, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg; continue creaming until smooth and fluffy (about 3 min.).
- Stir in the flour mixture by hand just until it’s incorporated; don’t overmix
- Drop full tablespoonfuls of batter, about 2 inches apart, onto lined baking sheets. With floured fingers, flatten each dab of batter into 2 inch round.
- Bake until cookies are puffed and golden, 12-14 min, rotating baking sheets if needed for even baking. Transfer cookies to rack to cool
- Filling: When cookies are cooled, use a spatula or butter knife to spread A teaspoon of Raspberry Chambord Jam (or jam of your choice) on half of the cookies. Set other half of cookies on top of each filled cookie, pressing gently to spread filling. Store sealed at room temperature or in refrigerator.