Low Carb Gazpacho from Spain
- 3 lbs. heirloom tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers
- 1 poblano pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion coarsely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cucumbers peeled, seeded, chopped roughly
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil the best quality you have
- 1 - 2 tsp roasted fennel seeds freshly ground after roasting
- 1 - 2 tsp roasted cumin seeds freshly ground after roasting
Chop or process each vegetable separately and then combine them in a large bowl. Add salt and sherry vinegar. Let it sit for a couple of hours.
Blend half of the vegetable mixture in a food processor at medium speed, drizzling in 1/2 cup of oil through the top while processing. Pour out into large bowl.
Blend the other half of vegetable mixture in processor, drizzling in 1/4 cup of oil, along with the roasted, ground fennel seeds (or cumin). Pour both mixtures together in a bowl and stir to mix. Chill
Before serving, bring to room temperature. Garnish with fresh avocado.
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 42g | Sugar: 13g