Golden Milk Latte (Turmeric Tea)
Make your own Golden milk latte with a blend of turmeric and chai spices. It’s a really flexible recipe and can be used with hot water for turmeric tea or steamed milk for the golden milk latte
- 2 Tsp turmeric peeled, grated fresh turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or 1 Tbsp peeled grated fresh ginger
- pinch of black pepper increases absorption
- pinch of hot pepper spice optional - I used HeathGlen's chipotle spice
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk any milk can be used or just steep in water for a simple tea
- 1 tsp honey your choice of sugar or sugar substitute
- consider adding more fat like butter or coconut oil as it increases absorption there is a little fat in coconut milk but adding more fat is common, especially on a keto diet
In a small bowl, mix together first six ingredients (the spices).
For Golden Milk Latte: Heat 2 cups light, unsweetened coconut milk (or almond milk or milk of choice).
Add 1 Tbsp spice mix to an empty tea bag or a tea ball or a tea pot with strainer. Pour the hot milk over the spice mix and steep for about 3 minutes. Remove spice bag or tea ball and add sweetener of choice.
For Turmeric Tea: Instead of milk, follow above directions using boiling water.
For pre-made spice mix, click here.
**Note: calories and nutrition analysis is for spice mix only and does not include your choice of milk or sweetener
**Note: This may stain blenders and countertops. The color will eventually fade, but making a thick paste of baking soda and water and scrubbing the stain can help if it happens to you.
Calories: 23kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 2mg