Low Carb Almond Crusted Cod
Using Dijon mustard, lemon and crushed almonds really enhances the flavor of cod and most white fish. Moves fish dinners from blah to great.
- 4 filets cod or other white fish
- 1 med lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds can use a food processor or blender to crush
- 1 Tbsp dill either fresh or from tube
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp mild to med. chili spice optional
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard more if you like mustard
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with either parchment paper laid on top or spray with cooking spray
Place cod filets on paper towels to drain of water and pat dry. Place on baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, crushed almonds, dill, oil, salt and pepper and chili spice if using.
Spread each cod filet with a tsp or so of Dijon mustard,smoothing it over the entire top of the filet. Divide the almond mixture among the 4 filets, pressing it evely into the mustard with your hands.Bake the fish until opaue at the thickest part, about 7 minutes for most.cod filets (less time for thin filets).Serve with a green vegetable and lemon slices for a great low carb or keto fish dinner.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Sugar: 1g