Cucumber Avocado Salad for Summer
- 1 lb cucumber (seedless if possible) peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2-3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise or greek yogurt
- freshly squeezed lime juice about 1/2 large lime
- your favorite hot sauce to taste
- Salt & pepper
- fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
Gently mix together the cucumber, scallions and avocado in a medium size bowl.
Make the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, lime juice and hot sauce in a small bowl.
Dress the salad by gently folding in the dressing with a spatula when ready to serve. Top with cilantro if using. Can be refrigerated (covered) overnight.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 286IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg