Low Carb Brussel Sprouts Caesar Salad
A slightly salty, tangy way to use brussel sprouts in a side dish that even brussel sprout haters will enjoy
- 1.3 lb brussel sprouts prior to slicing
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan or asiago cheese finely grated or shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic Can use jarred if no fresh bulbs on hand
- 2 tsp anchovy paste can substitute fish sauce or 6 anchovy fillets
- 6 dashes hot sauce I used Frank’s hot sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Brussel Sprouts
Rinse the brussel sprouts and using a sharp knife, remove stems.
Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, thinly slice the brussel sprouts
Heat 2 Tbsps of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
Add brussel sprouts to pan and toss to ensure even coating of olive oil.
Cook, stirring occasionally for 7-9 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the dressing.
For the dressing
In a large bowl, add the Parmesan, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix all ingredients well and add brussel sprouts to the bowl. Stir to combine.
Serve warm or cold- if serving cold, set in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 614mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1220IU | Vitamin C: 128mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 2mg