Our farm is overflowing with blueberries this time of the year (late July/early August). So, our kitchen is bustling with creative ways to use the blueberries. We’re making blueberry jams, blueberry jellies, blueberry syrups, blueberry beverage syrups, and our newest addition……Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce!
3 Great Uses for Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce
After tinkering with 6-7 recipes, I’ve come up with a BBQ sauce that I personally love and have brought it to market to trial. It was a big hit so I am now offering it for purchase online (click here for the details).
Listed below are a few of the recipes that the sauce goes extremely well with. You could certainly interchange your favorite BBQ sauce with any of these recipes, but I will attest they are 5-star with the Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce.
Blueberry Bourbon Glazed Ribs
- 1 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper and 1 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt (or use your own favorite rub)
- 4 lb. meaty baby back ribs or 2-3 lbs boneless country-style ribs
- Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees & position racks in upper and lower third of oven
- In small bowl, whisk together garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Set ribs on rimmed baking sheets and rub with the spice rub.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 1/2 hours, until tender, switching pans halfway through. Remove ribs from oven and pour off the liquid in the pans
- Increase heat to 375 degrees (can also use broil). Working with one sheet of ribs at a time, brush the underside of each rack with some of the BBQ sauce and bake or broil until browned. Flip the ribs and repeat on the other side. Transfer baking sheet to bottom shelf of oven. Repeat with remaining ribs.
- Transfer ribs to work surface and slice between the bones. Mound the ribs on a platter and pass the remaining sauce at the table
Grilled Steaks with Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- T. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pound steak (like filet mignon), 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick, trimmed and cut into 4 portions
- Preheat grill to high
- Combine thyme, oil, salt and pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture on all sides of steaks. Grill the steaks 3-5 min. per side for medium-rare. Let steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving with the sauce on the side.
Grilled Salmon with Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- 4 (6-oz) salmon steaks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high heat
- Brush salmon with oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with the blueberry bbq sauce.